Torridon Education Group is looking for enthusiastic, hard-working Early Years Practitioners to join our team.
Roles & Responsibilities
• play a vital role in the day-to-day operation of the nurseries by creating a friendly, welcoming, stimulating, educational and caring environment for the children that attend.
• be fully involved in all activities associated with the Early Years and Day Care provision.
• ensure the effective delivery of the Curriculum for Excellence through contributing to planning, and ensuring resources are prepared.
Complete necessary administration tasks for the nursery including –
• Effectively evaluate activities and write up next steps
• Complete write ups, observations, assessments and maintain children’s individual learning folders.
• Plan activities for Key children during key worker time.
• liaise with Parents/Carers/ other professionals regarding children’s needs and progress.
• ensure confidentiality and Child Protection Policies and Procedures are adhered to at all times, recording and reporting concerns appropriately.
• be involved in all forward planning including improvement plans and self-evaluation of the nursery, and the development and improvement of areas within the nursery.
• ensure the health and safety of all children, staff and parents.
• Cleaning and upkeep of a safe, clean, hygienic, tidy area inside and outside.
• Be aware of relevant legislation and guidance to ensure working within current best practise guidelines and attend training and development to increase skills and knowledge
• work at all times within the policies of the nursery and abide by the SSSC Codes of Practice and National Care Standards.
• ensure that all service users and staff are dealt with in a courteous, friendly, helpful and welcoming manner.
Any other duties that may be reasonably expected.
Essential skills, experience and qualifications
* Experience working with children (essential)
* A relevant Childcare Qualification or desire to work towards one.
*Good communication skills
*Maturity and the ability to work as a team and comply with company policies and procedures
* Enthusiasm and confident personality.
* All appointments are subject to the appropriate PVG Scheme membership and, if successful at interview, References will be requested prior to commencement of employment.
Number of hours per week
25-35 per weeks
Working pattern and contracted hours (including any shift patterns)
Usual working hours are between 8am – 4.30pm Monday – Friday.
Set working hours on rota system.
Contracted hours – Flexi hours system
Hourly rate of pay
Hourly rate is dependent on experience and qualification.
Hourly rate ranges from £9 – £11 per hour.
Details of employability support
In-house training packages, on the job training, opportunities to complete SVQ in partnership with Moray college.