Kitchen Porter Responsibilities:
- Cleaning and sanitizing all meal preparation areas as well as kitchen walls, stoves, sinks, ovens, and grills.
- Sweeping and mopping all kitchen areas during shifts and at the end of shifts.
- Washing dirty dishes, cutting boards, utensils, and cooking equipment.
- Ensuring that food mixers, cookers, and other cooking equipment are in good working order.
- Receiving and unpacking all deliveries.
- Emptying, re-lining, and washing garbage cans as required.
- Ensuring that refrigerators, freezers, and storage areas are clean and well-organized.
- Assisting the Chef with basic food preparation, which includes washing, peeling, and cutting meal ingredients as per the Chef’s instructions.
Kitchen Porter Requirements:
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to stand for extended periods.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Effective communication skills.